How To Claim
The Sask Lotteries Prize Payout Offices in Saskatoon and Regina are currently open by appointment only.
If you wish to claim your prize at the offices, please contact 306-975-0831 (Saskatoon) or 306-780-9355 (Regina) between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday to Friday to make an appointment. When you call to make your appointment, you will be asked a series of questions, so please have your ticket ready.
Please note that prizes will not be paid during your appointment, but will be mailed out a later date. Also at this time, both offices are only accepting appointments for claims by Saskatchewan residents.
Other ways to claim:
- Prizes up to and including $1000 can still be claimed at lottery retailers offering the service. Check with the retailer to ensure they have sufficient cash to pay the prize.
- Winners of prizes over $1000 can continue to mail their tickets in form claim.
How to claim your prize:
Make sure that your ticket is signed and complete the Claim Form on the back.
|Prizes||At Retail||By Mail||Prize Payout Office||Additional Information|
|Up to $100*||✔||✔||Prizes up to $100 are automatically validated when scanned by a lottery terminal, and retailers are required to pay these prizes, or to make arrangements to do so.|
|Over $100 to $1,000**||✔||✔||Ask the retailer if they have available cash to pay your prize. Lottery retailers are not obligated to pay prizes over $100. If a ticket wins $100.01 or more, the retailer can cancel the validation, and direct you to claim your prize at another retailer or by mail.*|
|$1,001 to $9,999.99||✔||✔||Call your nearest prize office for instructions. You may also call Player Care at 1-800-665-3313 for more information.|
|$10,000 and over||✔||✔||Call your nearest prize office for instructions. You may also call Player Care at 1-800-665-3313 for more information.|
*Stores or franchises may choose not to redeem prizes of over $100 for a variety of reasons, which may include security concerns about keeping large amounts of cash on the premises. Lottery retailers are independent businesses, and we respect their right to make such decisions.
Claiming By Mail:
Prizes of any amount can be claimed by mailing tickets to:
Western Canada Lottery Corporation
Main Floor, 125 Garry Street,
Note: To process larger prizes during this period, we may need to connect with you remotely to complete necessary interviews and paperwork.
The process for claiming a prize remotely will be explained to you thoroughly during the prize payout process. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Due to the increased volume of mail-in claims, there may be delays in processing. Please be patient.
- Make sure you call Player Care at 1-800-665-3313 during normal business hours before sending in any claim worth more than $1,000. Prizes over $1,000 require additional paperwork, which we can provide to you when needed. You can send claims under $1,000 directly, without contacting Player Care in advance.
- Please clearly print your legal name, address and daytime telephone number on the Claim Form on the back of the ticket.
- All risks of sending tickets through the mail remain with the player. You can take a scan or photocopy for your records, but the original ticket is required for claim.
- Depending on the amount won, a copy of your identification may be required.
If you're claiming a prize by mail, you can print off and fill out the forms and include them with your ticket when you mail it in. This will help to expedite your claim and save prize staff the time to contact you for the information. The claimant information form for your province or territory can be found below.
If you're coming to a prize office to claim your prize, you have the option to fill these forms in advance if you want to expedite your claim process. However, our prize office staff will be happy to fill them out with you during your appointment if you'd prefer or if you don't have access to a printer.
If you have any questions about these forms-- or if you're claiming a prize with one or more other people-- call Player Care at 1-800-665-3313 for guidance.